Git is a powerful Version Control System. There are many ways individuals and teams can use Git and GitHub. During our Workflow Consultation we will:
- Explore different approaches of software delivery
- Demonstrate some workflows that work well for teams of any size
- Demonstrate how communication, collaboration, and the tools of GitHub make for a better software delivery experience
- Diagram current team workflows and see how they map to any recommended new approaches
- Assist GitHub admins, team leads, and end users in walking through the recommended workflows
Who is this consultation for?
For larger teams we encourage GitHub administrators and team leads to attend. For smaller teams we recommend anyone attends. Group sizes of 20 and smaller work best.
What you’ll learn
- Why collaboration is so central to the GitHub platform
- Branching strategies
- Continuous integration patterns
- Continuous deployment patterns
- Using GitHub to move code and interact with many departments directly in the tools developers use
- Making fast improvements to your workflows