Now that you have made some local commits, it is time to send your changes to the remote copy of your repository on GitHub.com and open a pull request.
- On GitHub Desktop, click the button to sync changes. This button changes states based on the changes that have been made in your local repository and on the remote. If no other changes have been made, it will read Publish Branch.
- In your browser, go to the ‘Pull Requests’ tab of the class repository.
- Click ‘New pull request’.
- Ensure the
basebranch (the one on the left) is
masterand that the
comparebranch (the one on the right) is the one you created on GitHub Desktop.
- Complete the fields of the pull request.
Tell me why
Reviewing the GitHub Flow
We are following the 5 steps of GitHub Flow, which are:
- Create a branch
- Add commits
- Open a Pull Request (This section deals with this step.)
- Collaborate, and make more commits
- Merge the Pull Request
Stuck? Open an issue in the repository for this class and mention @githubteacher for help from one of the GitHub trainers!Continue