Ensure your GitHub Enterprise Cloud data is migrated to your GitHub Enterprise Cloud plus Enterprise Managed Users (EMU) platform account accurately and efficiently, with guidance and best practice expertise from a GitHub Professional Services Engineer.
GitHub Professional Services delivers guidance and best practice expertise from a GitHub Professional Services Engineer
- GitHub Enterprise Admins
- DevOps Engineers
Key Features and Benefits
- Examine migration scenarios and best practices
- Expert advice on approaches for Git migration
- Crafting of repeatable playbooks, enabling future self-serve migrations
Schedule of Work
To be delivered entirely remotely as contiguous days. Customer is expected to provide appropriate resources as required.
In this engagement, a GitHub Professional Services Engineer will guide you through the process of migrating your GitHub Enterprise Cloud sources to the GitHub Enterprise Cloud + EMU target. This includes:
- Setup the Tooling in Customers Environment
- GitHub migration tooling will be available POST engagement
- Completion of dry-run migrations to 1 GHEC Organisation including assistance in the creation of Mapping File
- Up to 5 repos with the size of 1 gigabyte or less
- Outline migration process and steps that customers would follow post-GitHub engagement
- Eight (8) hours of Post-Engagement support on Tooling and Migration Questions via EMU Migrations GitHub Repo. Support provided for 30 days post engagement only. Issues will be addressed on a first come first serve basis.
- The tooling utilised during the migration is specifically for the GHEC to GEHC+EMU migration and is not supported outside of this engagement.
After this engagement, your team will be able to:
- Create migration strategy
- Prepare repositories for Git
- Complete migration dry runs
- Support production migrations
- An SSH client
- Ensure every employee has a GitHub Enterprise Cloud EMU account
- A mapping of legacy GitHub Enterprise Cloud accounts to GitHub Enterprise Cloud EMU account
- Maximum repository size limit not greater than 2GB