Migrating to GitHub Actions
CI/CD is widely recognized as software development best practice. Maximizing your CI/CD pipeline with the new GitHub Actions platform. Go from code to cloud all from within one repository. We can help you migrate your DevOps workflows to GitHub Actions.
DevOps Engineers or Developers from the same team will benefit most from this offering. There will be a project scoped for migration and this project needs to be relevant to all of those in attendance.
Key Features and Benefits
During this offering customers will receive guided training on the GitHub Actions platform which includes the following topics:
- Enable GitHub Action workflows in repositories
- Automate software development lifecycle
- Automate events in a repository
- Ability to use actions as a CI solution
- Ability to use actions as a CD solution
- Integrate GitHub Actions with GitHub Packages
- Write custom actions to serve their unique needs
- Publish actions to the marketplace
- Share actions among teams
- Code to cloud
Along with training customers will receive consulting on one pre-scoped project in which GitHub will help them migrate to GitHub Actions.
- Duration: 8 days, 3 hours + optional individual 1:1 for all participants
- Introduction to GitHub Actions
- GitHub Actions overview
- GitHub Actions Learning Path
- GitHub Actions case studies
- Migrating the Project
- Break down the components of the customers project and begin collectively writing workflows
- Create reusable actions for optimal reuse
- Did each customer meet their goals?
- What went well, what didn’t go well
- Refining goals, resources, and playbook
Learning Outcomes/Business Outcomes
After this engagement, your team will be able to:
- Integrate GitHub Actions into existing projects
- Integrate GitHub Actions into future projects
- All users with computers, accounts, and access for GitHub.com
- Team projects and work is on GHEC (not GHES) due to product feature availability