InnerSource brings the successful practices of the open source community inside your organization. Practices like increasing transparency, trust, and collaboration are core to InnerSource. These practices aim to reduce the time it takes to bring new ideas to market.
InnerSource Theory for Teams focuses on adopting better ways of working and building relationships across the organization from the view point of individual teams to align themselves with the organizational strategy.
Although this offering is for all teams, it is intended to be delivered to individual teams at a time as it focuses on the specific team’s projects, roadblocks, and assets.
- Project owners
- Product owners
- Team leaders
Key Features and Benefits
- Increase code quality, reuse, transparency, trust and productivity
- Remove silos and identify talent across the organization
- Build communication channels that allow expertise to flow freely
- Improve collaboration without slowing production
- Document systems and processes essential to success
- Duration: 6 hours delivered over 2 days (3 hours each day)
Note: Delivery days and times can be modified as needed.
- Duration: 1 day, 10:00am - 4:00pm (1 hour lunch)
This highly interactive engagement uses discussions and guided discovery to identify how InnerSource can be implemented in your organization.
InnerSource for Teams
- Discover the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of InnerSource
- Review organizational goals and strategies for success
- Discuss barriers to success
- Create repositories that encourage contributions
- Build relationships for cross-team collaboration
- Discuss roles, expectations, and rewards of InnerSource contributions
- Develop effective InnerSource habits
After completing this training, learners will be able to:
- Apply InnerSource concepts into their daily work
- Identify opportunities where cross-team collaboration will improve outcomes
- Locate organizational and team resources on InnerSource goals and practices
- Create a team roadmap checklist on how to move forward with InnerSource within your organization
- Network connection for the presenter
- Whiteboard or flip-chart with markers