InnerSource brings the successful practices of the open source community inside your organization. Practices like increasing transparency, trust, and collaboration are core to InnerSource. These practices aim to reduce the time it takes to bring new ideas to market.
InnerSource Theory for Leaders focuses on adopting better ways of working and building relationships across teams from the view point of the leadership team and to align InnerSource adoption and strategy across the organization.
- Development leaders
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Team leaders
Key Features and Benefits
- Increase code quality, reuse, transparency, trust and productivity
- Remove silos and identify talent across the organization
- Build communication channels that allow expertise to flow freely
- Improve collaboration without slowing production
- Document systems and processes essential to success
- Duration: 6 hours delivered over 2 days (3 hours each day)
Note: Delivery days and times can be modified as needed.
- Duration: 1 day, 10:00am - 4:00pm (1 hour lunch)
This highly interactive engagement uses discussions and guided discovery to identify how InnerSource can be implemented in your organization.
InnerSource for Leaders
- Discover the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of InnerSource
- Define your InnerSource objectives and priorities within the organization
- Identify barriers to success
- Build a culture of collaboration, openness, and trust
- Establish clear roles, expectations, and rewards of InnerSource contributions
- Develop 30, 60, and 90 day checklist guides to InnerSource rollout
After completing this training, learners will be able to:
- Apply InnerSource concepts into their daily work
- Identify opportunities where cross-team collaboration will improve outcomes
- Locate organizational resources on InnerSource goals and practices
- Create a roadmap checklist on how to move forward with InnerSource within your organization
- Network connection for the presenter
- Whiteboard or flip-chart with markers